Documentary Family Photography Mentoring
Elevate Your Craft: Mentorship in Documentary Photography
You don’t have to do it all alone.
Starting or growing a photography business is far from being easy. We need to wear many hats and some of them don’t come naturally to us.
Hi, I’m Johanna King, an award-winning Dublin family photographer focusing on the candid, unscripted, moments of family life.
I have 10+ years photographing families all across Ireland and I am also a mother of two
One of the most important things I have done for my business early on is investing in education & mentoring at times when I felt I couldn’t afford it.
The thing is, it often is the very thing you cannot afford NOT to invest in.
I can help you with a variety of subjects and if it is not listed below, feel free to get in touch and we’ll schedule a short introductory call to see whether I am the right mentor for you.
I also love sea swimming, chocolate, and travelling (without kids – shhhhh), but who doesn’t?
“Johanna is not only a great photographer and the kindest human being – she is a very knowledgeable and generous teacher. She will share and help you see things clearly while being empathetic. Her greatest gift is being very honest and to the point while making you feel just as competent. Her advice is always inspiring and motivating. I loved working with her and I am sure we will again!”
Documentary Family Photographer in Germany
What can I Help You With?
We will discuss it together, but here are some ideas.
We can also do Bespoke Sessions (You ask questions, I answer!)
If photography is your passion and you would like to get better at photographing your children/family, you may be interested in:
- Image Review: if you don’t have a business, I will highlight your strengths and areas of improvement.
- Bespoke Session (You ask questions, I answer!)
If you own a business or are starting a photography business, you may be interested in:
- Portfolio Review: let’s pick photos for your website that will attract your ideal client.
- Session Review: let’s go through a contact sheet from a full photo session and I’ll highlight your strength and areas of improvement.
- Website Critique: a good website is a website that fulfils its goal.
- Business Mentoring: Branding, Marketing, Pricing, Sales. Searching online can become overwhelming. Let’s talk about the best way forward for YOU.
- Switching to Documentary Family Photography
Standalone session: €250.
90 minutes online (Zoom or Skype).
You can also pre-pay for several sessions ahead of time:
€700 – 3 sessions
€1350 – 6 sessions
€2600 – 12 sessions
3h30 in a location near me.
The in-person workshop is perfect for in-the-field mentoring, but can also be used to discuss any of the above subjects (this gives us time to go more in-depth).
Each session is €500 and can be shared with one other photographer.
Add a review of your images from the photoshoot for €200 (either online or in-person on the same day).