Real-Life Family Photography At Home & Outdoor
Your family, your way:
capturing the mundane & the magic
Your children are wonderful. Parenting is hard.
Both things can be true and are worth documenting.
You get to be present and engaged with your family & I will photograph you just the way you are.
Unposed. Unprompted. unobtrusive.
- The most precious moments happen when you let them unfold. No amount of posing or directing would have led me to capture the family photos on this page.
- No need to wrangle your kids into the car; professional natural family portraits can be captured from the comfort of your own home, but we can also meet at your favourite outdoor location, or both.
- If you’re worrying about your children behaving during a family photoshoot, I’m the right photographer for you! (Hint: they don’t have to.)
- I am an unobtrusive photographer focusing on candid, unscripted, moments, and even parents who don’t like having their photo taken enjoy a family photoshoot with me.
“No big effort, no grand gestures. Johanna captured so many little moments – the ones so normal and fleeting you barely even notice them happening.”
Half Day-In-The-Life Family Photos in Co. Laois, Ireland
Say goodbye to awkward poses and forced smiles.
Let your children run wild and relax, knowing I will capture great family photos no matter what AND take care of the printing side of things for you.
Yes, that’s my promise.
The images will be beautiful, professional and:
- Personal: unique to you and your family
- Genuine: nothing forced or scripted
- Fun: just be yourself and you may see your life through a different lens
“Johanna has a lovely relaxed manner and is great with kids – she really is able to get the best shots (which I imagine is difficult with small kids – they don’t exactly stay in the same place for very long!)”
Half Day-In-The-Life Family Photos in Co. Wicklow, Ireland
How does a documentary family photography session work?
No posing, no directing, no cheesy smiles, or looking straight at the camera.
It also means no pressure: children are allowed to run around, have tantrums, and get dirty. Everyone wears what they love and be themselves. Even camera-shy parents end up loving it.
For day-in-the-life sessions, you pick a time of day that you would love to preserve from memory loss.
Morning cuddles, getting ready, breakfast, bedtime routine, bath time, it’s entirely up to you, and I can help you choose.
Note: a loose schedule is better than a jam-packed one.
For short sessions, we plan a few activities together.
It can be as simple as playing in the back garden, baking together, reading books, or cuddling in bed.
Again: better to leave space for the unexpected rather than trying to “fit everything in”.
Session fees start at €450
This does not include any digitals or products.
After your session and viewing your images, you’ll get to choose the collection that best fits your family.
Collections start at €950
All of my collections include digital files & a complimentary print credit to transform those images into tangible products.
Behind-the-scene of a Real Life Session with a Documentary Newborn & Family Photographer
What a session with me is like
“I think Johanna’s personality is perhaps almost as important as her talent as a photographer – her friendly, relaxed approach made the whole experience such a positive memory for all of us. We got what we were hoping for and more… lots of lovely photos of our kids which will only become more valuable to us over time, as well as a fun afternoon doing the shoot. If her informal style is what you are looking for, look no further – book a session!”
Documentary Family Photoshoot in Greystones, Ireland
Capture your life right now and embrace what comes next
In our busy lives, we often feel like we can’t “take it all in”. It’s easier to embrace a new phase when we know the previous one has been captured for us to look back on.