1. The session fee pays for the time and talent of the photographer and for your in-person ordering appointment. It does not include any finished portraits or digital files. The session fee is due in advance of your portrait session to secure your appointment. Session fees are non-refundable, however with 48 hours notice your session can be rescheduled in case of an emergency.
2. If I have to cancel the session for reasons beyond my control (death, injury, sickness, etc.), my liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid. If the appointment has to be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions a new, mutually-agreed appointment will be made.
3. I understand that children can be unpredictable and fall ill at any time. In the event of sickness prior to the session, you agree to make every possible effort to inform Johanna King Photography no later than 2 hours prior to the start time of the photography session. The session can be transferred to a new date which will be at the convenience of both parties within a maximum 2 month period. I reserve the right to re-schedule outside of this time limit due to any existing commitments. If you fail to reschedule within the 2 month time period, Johanna King Photography has the right to cancel the booking with all payments made non-refundable.
4. Please bring only the subjects to be photographed to the session. This is especially important with kids, as I will need their full attention, rather than looking at other members of the family. Of course parents are always welcome!
5. Lifestyle photography means that I do not work in a studio, but in a pre-agreed location either outdoor or indoor. Please note that some locations (parks, buildings) might require an authorization. I am happy to check with the location prior to the photo session but cannot guaranty their acceptance.
6. The travel cost within a radius of 20 kilometers from Dublin City Centre is included in the photo session fee. Travel beyond 20 kilometers will incur a surcharge per kilometer at an agreed rate.
7. I shall be granted creative and artistic license in relation to the choice of locations and poses used. My judgment on photographic style and the number of photographs taken shall be deemed correct. I will do my best to create requested photographs, however some photographs may not be possible due to changes in the weather and the availability and willingness of subjects. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee to create any specific picture nor to incorporate any specific background, location or group arrangement.
8. If I cannot perform this Agreement due to a fire or other casualty, strike, act of God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to illness, then I shall return your booking fee but shall have no further liability with respect to the Agreement. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of Johanna King Photography. In the event I fail to perform for any other reason, I shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of your order. Johanna King Photography has full public liability and professional indemnity Insurance.
9. You agree to hold harmless, Johanna King, their representatives, employees and Johanna King Photography from any dispute in the event you become injured during your session or while in my office. Johanna King Photography and its representatives will not be held liable for any injury incurred by you or your family, or any damage to your property during the photo session or while on studio premises.
10. You will view your portraits at a personally-attended slideshow. You will be asked to order at this time. Please make sure all decision makers are present, as additional ordering appointments incur a €50 fee. The in-person ordering appointment will take place in my office in Santry or in your own home if more convenient for you (e.g. small children). Skype is also an option.
11. While I capture many images during your session, you will see only those images selected by me for previewing. I carefully render each image to ensure maximum artistry and technical perfection. Duplicates and images with eyes closed, heads turned, etc may not be shown and are removed from my archives permanently after the rendering is complete.
12. I aim to store your image files for as long as I can, but after 3 months from your session date I will no longer be responsible for storing them.
13. Due to the custom nature of the work, payment for your order must be placed in full and is subject to a 50% cancellation fee should you change your mind about an order after it is placed. Once an order is sent to the labs, it is deemed non-refundable. Payments may be made by cash, cheque, bank transfer or credit card using Paypal. Please note, if paying by cheque your order/appointment will not be secured until your cheque has cleared. A payment plan is available for products order.
14. Please allow 4 weeks for your order to be completed. Some orders may take longer. Gift vouchers, prints and DVDs will be sent using standard AnPost services. Other products, such as frames or photo books may be required to be collected from my office due to the fragile nature of the products or value of their content. In this case, collection must be made by appointment.
15. In case of delivery of photographic products by post, any complaints regarding an issue with photographic products such as manufacturer’s fault/defect, shall be sent to me in writing within 14 days of receipt of the products, along with the faulty photographic products. I will rectify the problem and endeavor to supply the photographic product to you as soon as possible. After the 14 day period no returns on photographic products will be accepted and no refunds will be made.
16. The Copyright Act protects photographers by giving me the exclusive right to reproduce your photographs. Johanna King Photography retains full, unlimited, world-wide copyright on all photographs supplied. These photographs are solely for your personal display purposes. Violations include, but are not limited to, making illegal copies, scanning, printing from home or downloading from my website. It is illegal to copy or reproduce these photographs in any manner without my permission and violators of this law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties. This is a standard condition for most professional photographers. Please understand, the photographer wishes to maintain complete control over the print quality, finishes and presentation of the images.
17. I shall only make reproductions for you or persons authorised by you, or for my portfolio, samples, self-promotions, advertising, entry in photographic contests or art exhibitions, editorial use, or for display within my office. If I want to make other uses, I shall not do so without first obtaining permission from you. If you specifically do not want any of your pictures used for self-promotion, please let me know ahead of the session and I will respect your wishes.
18. Please be aware that colour dyes in digital photography may fade or discolour over time due to the inherent qualities of dyes, and that I cannot be held liable for any claims based upon fading or discolouration due to such inherent qualities.
19. All quotes shall remain valid for 28 days. All other charges in this Agreement are based on my current price list. This price list may be adjusted without notice and future orders shall be charged at the prices in effect at the time when the order is placed.
20. This Agreement incorporates the entire understanding of the parties. Any modifications of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. Any waiver of a breach or default hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver of a subsequent breach or default of either the same provision or any other provision of this Agreement. Irish Law shall govern this Agreement.
21. Johanna King Photography will store your name and address details on a private database. These details will not be made available to third parties. Should you wish to have your details removed from my database, please advise me in writing.