Stephen and Hayley created their perfect intimate wedding in just a couple of months. Would you believe that Hayley winning a gift certificate for a session with me actually triggered the whole process? After an intimate civil ceremony at the registry office, Stephen and Hayley said their vows in the very special Saint Mobhi’s Church in Glasnevin before inviting their guests to dinner at the Washerwoman, which is local to them.
Unfortunately, the rain was pouring that day and they didn’t get a chance to take some nice portraits outside the church.
We had initially planned to do their session by the lake in Glendalough, but getting photographs by the church meant a lot more to Stephen and Hayley and while it might not be as dramatic, it was a very lovely (and meaningful) setting.
We were luckier with the weather that day and I love how the sun just lights up everything at the end of the session.
Stephen and Hayley now have their perfect wedding portrait printed and framed in their home and will be reminded every day of their wedding day surrounded by their family and friends.
A ‘day after’ session (sometimes called ‘Trash the Dress’) is perfect for couples who:
- Didn’t get the couple portraits they were hoping for on their wedding day (due to weather or time or light)
- Would like to get more couple portraits for their walls (more creatives, with props, with pets)
- Could not travel to a location special to them on their wedding day (beautiful landscape, home)
- Would love to wear their suits and wedding dress one more time (or more)!
- Got married abroad but would like couple portraits in Ireland (this is what we did and I’ll blog about it one day!)
If you are thinking of doing a couple photo session after your wedding, get in touch with me.