Workshop Name: Beginners DSLR Photography Workshop for Parents
Date: Sunday 1oth March 2019
Time: 10am – 1pm (3 hours)
Address: Santry, Dublin, Ireland (exact address will be communicated by email)
Cost: €70 – Bring a friend and get €10 off each!
Payment: Paypal or Credit Card. Full amount to be paid at the time of booking.
What this 3-hour Workshop is about
- Easy to implement topics such as light, composition, seeing photo opportunities, and discovering the things you want to capture – all things you can do without camera knowledge to improve your photos fast
- Basic Gear – what’s out there, what’s affordable
- Why shoot in manual mode? Brief explanation of the exposure triangle: Shutter, Aperture, ISO
- Overcoming, ‘But my kid won’t let me take their photo!’ Taking candid photos to evoke memories and tell a story.
- Approx 30 minutes of shooting practice (on still objects) and Q & A
- 5-7 people max to allow for ample time for each individual. This class is paired best with a friend. If this date doesn’t work for you, consider hosting your own workshop with me and earn your seat for free. Email email@example.com to set it up.
- Fun! We’ll laugh, you’ll learn, and most importantly, you’ll walk away with a better understanding of how to photograph those everyday memories of your family.
What this class isn’t:
- This workshop is not about the business end of photography or how to start your photography business. We will not discuss professional photography vendors for print products.
- This workshop does not cover post-processing techniques. I recommend a one on one mentoring session with me for editing help.
- This workshop doesn’t cover posing or prop/backdrop setups. I shoot very candid, documentary story-telling images, so that is what’s taught.
- Printed cheatsheets of what we cover during the workshop so you don’t have to write down everything
- BONUS MATERIAL: 3 Day Photography Challenge where I critique your images
After the workshop, I will still give you plenty of support through a private Facebook group. You will be able to get CC (constructive criticism), ask questions, share tips and so on. The only way you will capitalise on what you learned from the workshop is by taking a lot of photographs in the following weeks. Progress comes in waves and with a lot of practice!